"Every burned book or house enlightens the world; every suppressed or expunged word reverberates through the earth from side to side."
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-82) American writer, philosopher, poet, essayist
- Pot and pets: For them, a high is dangerous - so stash that stash Fri, 13 Dec 2013 15:27:08 MST
- There's a buzz around Colorado now that legalized retail marijuana sales will happen Jan. 1: How is it going to affect Fido and little Ms. Kitty?
- Shooting at Arapahoe High School, 1 reported in critical condition, suspected gunman dead Fri, 13 Dec 2013 15:26:56 MST
- CENTENNIAL —A student opened fire with a shotgun at Arapahoe High School on Friday, wounding two fellow students before apparently killing himself, Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson
- Arapahoe student recounts terror of hiding in class during shooting Fri, 13 Dec 2013 15:03:42 MST
- When the shooting started at Arapahoe High School about 12:30 p.m. Friday, Megan Sheehan, 17, a senior was in psychology class.
- Colorado stops putting mentally ill prisoners in solitary confinement Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:07:24 MST
- Colorado prison wardens can no longer send prisoners with major mental illness to solitary confinement, according to a memo distributed Thursday that solidifies state policy years in the making.
- Teenager hit by vehicle in Commerce City dies at hospital Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:29:56 MST
- A teenager hit by a vehicle in Commerce City Thursday night later died at the hospital, police said.
- Recent sports stadium-related violence in the U.S. Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:13:21 MST
- At least three, possibly four, people were stabbed in the parking lot of Sports Authority Field at Mile High during a fight following the Denver Broncos' 27-20 loss to the San Diego Chargers on
- Parking lot scuffle led to stadium stabbings after Broncos game, police say Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:29:10 MST
- A scuffle over a parking spot touched off the stabbings of three men in a parking lot outside Sports Authority Field following the Broncos loss to the Chargers Thursday night, Denver police said Friday.
- At least 3 stabbed in Sports Authority Field parking lot after Broncos lose to Chargers Fri, 13 Dec 2013 10:20:32 MST
- At least three people — and possibly four — were stabbed in the parking lot of Sports Authority Field at Mile High amid a large fight following the Broncos' loss to the Chargers.
- Transformer box art on Wilson Avenue to be painted over after misappropriation discovered Fri, 13 Dec 2013 10:01:24 MST
- The Visual Arts Commission voted Thursday night to paint over the transformer box art, "Beyond Tomorrow," to its original flat green color after discussion over the controversial piece took a new twist: Commission members have learned that Loveland artist Margie Ellis used images appropriated from other artists on the Internet as the basis for her paintings.
- 3 dead in Mesa County crash of small plane Fri, 13 Dec 2013 10:01:04 MST
- GRAND JUNCTION, Colo.—Three people have been found dead following the crash of a small plane in western Colorado.
- Police seek witnesses to punching of woman at Boulder Theater Nov. 1 Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:09:14 MST
- Boulder police are seeking witnesses to an assault which occurred during the DeVotchka concert at the Boulder Theater on Nov. 1.
- Denver cops barred from working off-duty security jobs at pot shops Fri, 13 Dec 2013 08:22:52 MST
- When recreational-marijuana shops open Jan. 1, Denver police officers will stand outside for crowd control but won't be allowed to step inside to provide off-duty security from within.
- Memoir, movie reveal transformation of Navy SEAL Danny Dietz Fri, 13 Dec 2013 08:22:15 MST
- On a mountain high in the Hindu Kush of Afghanistan, in a deadly firefight with the Taliban, Navy SEAL Danny Dietz refused to quit, even though he had been hit four times.
- Ken Salazar teams up with billionaire Louis Bacon to form PAC Fri, 13 Dec 2013 03:38:42 MST
- Congressional candidates willing to work on land conservation efforts could benefit from a new political action committee announced Thursday.
- Eastbound Twin Tunnels to open three lanes by Friday Fri, 13 Dec 2013 02:07:03 MST
- No one is happier than Jackie Voss that the eight-month project to widen the eastbound bore of the Twin Tunnels on Interstate 70 is finally finished.